April 8, 2016

Movies You Know Because of One Clip: Good 90s Movies


Ok, I realize that most of these are quotes, but the same logic applies!



Fight Club:

The scene: “The first rule of Fight Club...”



Why you should watch the rest: Fight Club is pleastnly deeper than dudes beating each other into hamburger. Not unlike The Network, it illustrates how easy it is to go from idilistic to exploited.


Titanic:

The scene: “Paint me like one of your french girls.”



Why you should watch the rest: This scene has been parodied so many times that I couldn't find a decent photo, clip, or gif from the original to use as an illustration. Maybe it's worth watching to give yourself some context, I mean, people tell me all the time they love this movie still...


Basic Instinct:

Legs.



Why you should watch the rest: Full disclosure, I've never seen this movie all the way through. Maybe it's worth watching, maybe not. But I have seen this scene referenced more times than I could possibly count. So maybe it would add some context to those parodies... but I'll likely never know...



Silence of the Lambs:

I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti./I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard. I'd fuck me so hard. (Or any scene with Buffalo Bill really...)




Why you should watch the rest: This whole movie is line after line of pop culture references. Though we haven't watch it in years, we feel pretty confident that this is a solid recommendation.







No comments:

Post a Comment